Appointments are typically 50 minutes in duration.
We offer three forms of counselling arrangements:
- Face to face appointments with home visits or other special locations related to therapy (please note: This service is temporarily unavailable and travel costs do apply to Home/special location visits).
- Telephone counselling, and
- Skype counselling | (ie, Skype, Zoom, Microsoft Meetings, Whats app, etc) are available to all clients.
If you would like counselling, you can phone 0451 016 836 for a booking, or enter your details on the online contact page and one of our administration team members will contact you to arrange a suitable appointment time. Our email is email@example.com if you would like to contact the Director personally.
Unfortunately, we are no longer a bulk-billing practice. This means that you will be charged full-fee but may be eligible for a ^Rebate under Medicare if you are referred by a General Practitioner or Psychiatrist. The Rebate can be processed and returned to your account by submitting your paid invoice to Medicare in the online app. Alternatively, if you have Private Health Cover you may be eligible to claim a Rebate depending on your type of cover. Check with your Private Health Insurer for the Rebate amounts. In most cases, this Rebate can also be obtained by submitting the paid invoice to your health fund. The session payment is charged at the time of your appointment and we accept payment via card, cheque, or Direct Debit.
- Recommended APS consultation fee: $267.00 (46-60 mins) | Our discounted self-funded fee: $180.00 (50-60 mins)
^ The current Medicare rebates are as follows:
- Medicare Mental Health Treatment Plan Rebated amount: $88.25 – 10 rebates available per calendar year commencing on January 1, each year.
- The Australian Government has also allowed another 10 sessions related to Covid-19. You may be eligible for these sessions if your GP notes this to be a contributing factor in the reason for the mental health referral.
We are also contractors for National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS Registered: Specialised Behavioural Support; Therapeutic Supports), Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA), Open Arms (previously known as VVCS), Workcover, Eudoxia and other Employee Assistance Programs, and the Step care mental health support, and Victims Assist Queensland. If you are eligible for any of these services, please contact the relevant agency to arrange a referral. Referrals from these agencies mean there will be no cost to you directly as they are covered by these organisations.
Links to referral pathways
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS Registered: Capacity Building Therapeutic Supports-Improved Daily Living Skills)
Open Arms (previously known as VVCS)
Eudoxia and other Employee Assistance Programs: Ask your Human Resources officer at your employment
Some incentives are becoming available through private health funds to absorb the gap fee between the fee charged and Medicare rebate. Ask your health fund about whether they offer this service. A similar program may be available for current serving members in the ADF and their families. Enquire with your local Defence Community Organisation or phone them on 1800 624 680 for more information.